Monday, December 24, 2007

End of another year

It's the end of another year and exchange of annual greetings from cousins far and wide.
I was sadden to learn that Cousin Sylvia Spain just recently passed away.
Sylvia and I are the 2nd-great granddaughters of Magnus Andreassen Helvik [1805 Asker Parrish-1888 Chicago]. . . and are 3rd cousins.
Fetter Harald introduced us the summer of 1997 after Sylvia's visit to Nesodden. While she and I knew each other only from exchanging correspondence our connection as cousins was deep.

3 comments:

Roberta said...

Happy New Year from the Sheehan/Carroll side of the family!This has been quite a busy holiday season for our family - from Thanksgiving until now! I sent Christmas cards with lengthy notes to a couple of the Catherine Sheehan cousins, but didn't hear from them this year. I told them about you, and still hope for a reply soon. It's not like one of them to not send a card at Christmas, so I will have to call if I don't hear.
I wish you and your whole family a very wonderful and blessed coming year. I am very thankful for our connection, Gerry!

~ Roberta

Roberta said...

Re: Sylvia Spain.....

I knew a Sylvia Spain in Houston, years ago. Her husband was Sam.
Probably just a coincidence.....

Roberta said...

Re: Sylvia Spain.....

I knew a Sylvia Spain in Houston, years ago. Her husband was Sam.
Probably just a coincidence.....